Friday, April 25, 2008

My 3 Secret Shames


My friend, Donna, tagged me to list 3 Secret Shames on my blog.  You have to love the blogging communities sense of humor.  Donna's shames were so funny: eating Skittles, lack of night time brushing, and a European Soap Opera.  I am hoping I am not going to freak all my friends and family out on my crazy shames.  Ok here they are....



                                                                            Shame 1
  I hate the sound of a toilet flushing so usually I don't flush at night.  It is way to disturbing of my half asleep state.  Thank goodness this does not completely freak Leandro out and he loves me in-spite of this very odd quirk.  At least I am doing my part in water conservation. (LOL) I keep asking Leandro to invent a silent flushing toilet.  I would also love it if he could invent something to make the lid go up and down so that I don't have to touch the gross top.  Even if it is clean it still really grosses me out.




                                                                           Shame 2
                                                                  
I am so freaked out of Reagan getting a cold or some kind of sickness, so I don't touch things with my hand that have been touched by hundreds of other nasty hands/fingers.  (I have enough to deal with just her reflux and dairy allergy.)  Here is my little secret: I know that the buttons on an elevator are not cleaned regularly so I usually push the button with my toe.  This is one of the reasons I always wear flip flops.  I guess I am lucky we live in Florida.  I have gotten some strange looks in malls and at airports where I have to use the elevator often because of Reagan's stroller.  I try to hold her and push the stroller so that people think I am using my toe because I am all out of hands.  


                                                                         Shame 3
Wow! are these nursing pads expensive.  They are almost $7- $10 a box in some stores. I used to go through a box a week.  That is almost $40 a month.  So since we are on a strict budget now I do not throw these away unless they can stand on their own.  I know this is a little gross.  I am down to only using 4 a day now!  Leandro should be so proud of my thriftiness.  I feel like I am conserving the land fills and saving the earth.  It is very green of me. heheheh


Ok Melanie Taylor I am tagging you to list 3 Secret Shames on your blog.  I can't wait to read them....


1 comment:

Donna W said...

Too funny!! I can totally identify with you on not flushing the toilet in the middle of the night. It is too loud and it wakes me up. I also pee in the dark. Ha ha!