Monday, March 31, 2008

Dairy and Reflux Allergy in Babies


Reagan is doing so much better now that I have cut out all dairy and soy proteins from my diet. Eating out is out of the option. No fast food, desserts, butter, artificial butter flavors of any kind, anything that seems tasty with milk or oil are all out of the picture.  Nothing with spicing except for salt and pepper.  Absolutely nothing but water to drink.  I do not eat anything except what is listed below.  So this is what I eat:

Breakfast: oatmeal with peaches/raisins (old fashion kind)
Lunch: Bake potato, peas/carrots/squash/corn
Snack: air-popped popcorn (no butter)
Dinner: Chicken, potato, veggie, fruit

Combine this with a great schedule and life has dramatically improved. (When she wakes up at 10:00am my rule of thumb is 2 hr awake 2-hr asleep.)  Reagan used to cry for hours and choked every day.  Now she smiles and is happy much of the time.  I still watch her like a hawk incase of choking during sleep but life is much easier.

No comments: