Monday, February 4, 2008

Reflux Issues



For the last 3 days Reagan has struggled with her breathing while sleeping.  She chokes on this white cottage cheese substance stopping up both airways (her mouth and nose).  I keep telling my pediatrician something has to be done.  I can not spend my nights checking on her every 30 min.   I am exhausted!  When I am sleeping, the only times I can tell she is having breathing problems is the way she pushes her body up in a panic with no sound.  The next thing I know a stream of cottage cheese like substance flows out her mouth and noise.  Her eyes turn bright red her face goes flush and no air goes in or out. You can see the panic in her face.  I  pick her up quickly pass her to Leandro who puts her on her side and pats while I suction her out.  It is a real medical emergency.   I have got to find a solution fast!  This is way to emotional for a parent to go through.  I spend my days and night with her sleeping on my chest to keep the choking from happeing.

No comments: